Wednesday, February 2, 2011

You Color My World

One of my goals for 2011, is bringing some color into our bedroom.  When I posted this picture, I was a little taken aback at the grayness of it all. I am a fan of gray, and then there is this.  I found lamps that work for my room at Salvation Army and now I need color. 

I love these West Elm Lacquer Trays. The yellow is perfect, but I am not loving the price tag.
My inspiration comes from Three Men & a Lady's master bedroom.  I've said it before, I should have a tab on my link bar with Three Men & a Lady inspiration.

I bought 2 of the same trays that Everything LEB used for her incredible tray project for $3.00. I had to borrow her picture, because the lighting was poor on the one I took.

I bought yellow gloss spray paint and just painted them yellow.  They definitely don't have the look of lacquer, but the color is what I was looking for.
What do you think? So who knows my favorite color?

12 comments:

KLM 2/02/2011  

Loving the yellow and it will compliment the gray tones in your bedroom quite nicely. :)

Jodi 2/02/2011  

Very pretty, I like the yellow accent!

danielle @ take heart 2/02/2011  

amazing! love, love, love.

Anonymous,  2/02/2011  

must be something in the air! my chosen color palette for my house is 'gray' with {pops} of accent color. that being said.. you've just chosen the same accent color i have chosen for my dining room accent wall!! great minds, i'm tellin' ya!!
btw.. if you give that beautiful tray a coat of high gloss poly.. you'll get that finish!
have fun! :)
-tracie

Margaret 2/02/2011  

So funny, I was just thinking that I need to inject some more color into my "GRAY" palate. I love pairing it with light and dreamy tones as well as with some bold choices. I'm actually blogging about that today!

The trays look great- so mod, so fun!

xo,
Margaret
www.sugarandspackle.com

jeanette from everton terrace 2/02/2011  

They look great! I have a lacquered tray in my office but it's white. I did however, paint the pole on my back patio that same yellow, love it!

Karen 2/02/2011  

I adore gray with punches of yellow!

Vicky 2/02/2011  

A pop of purple would look quite nice in your room too.

Mindie Hilton 2/02/2011  

Just went from all white walls in our bedroom to a "rain lilly" and beautiful teal. Love the change.

Rashon Carraway 2/02/2011  

They turned out really well. A little color goes a long way.

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

Hollie @ I'm Busy Procrastinating 6/27/2011  

I'm a big fan of Three Men and a Lady too. So many great ideas!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...