Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bench Inspiration

I want a bench for the foot of my bed. I have some ideas of how I want to pull it off and after this week-ends find, I think it's the perfect solution for my idea.  When I first saw this post from The Brick House, I immediately called my husband over to the computer to see it. I LOVE it. I love everything about this bench and about The Brick House.  I had not even considered the  idea that I could even make a bench, until I saw this. I tried to convince my husband to tear down our fence and start over (well the side that wasn't replaced after our fence was completely knocked down by Hurricane Katrina).  I got some eyes rolled at me, but hey, it was worth a try.
Then there's this one from The Stir. I love the legs and the rustic seat. I did a search for these hairpin legs and I found a few on eBay and other sites, but the price per leg was about $25-35.  More than what I wanted to spend on this bench.
This Flea market Bench from Providence Classic was made using an old coffee table.  It is not necessarily the style I am going for, but I love the orange color and the fabric. 
Kevin Austin via StyleatHome.com
This bench from Two Friends. Two Cities was completely made from scratch using parts from the hardware store.  This was one of my original ideas, but I checked Home Depot and the leg styles don't really match my style.  A great tutorial is included.
So what do you think?

5 comments:

KLM 2/08/2011  

I love the idea of making a bench out of old fence posts. Re-using what I already have is always first on my list and it's always nice to give 'new life' to something that some might deem trash.

I do love the bench from Providence Classic also. It's bright and fun!

Anna@Directions Not Included 2/08/2011  

I love the bench from The Brick House. I've been stalking Ebay for Eames legs since I saw that post. I can't wait to see what you do with the table you scored this weekend!

Anonymous,  2/08/2011  

well.. i love love love the inspiration bench! those legs are to die for!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} 2/08/2011  

That suzani covered bench is in my inspiration files...I'm hoping to do something similar to my piano bench.

that is if I EVER finish my daughter's room!

Angie @221vision 3/08/2011  

Thanks for linking to our bench!! I love the other benches you posted also, especially the two rustic ones at the top! I wish I had an old fence I could make a bench out of! Angie @221vision

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...