Friday, February 4, 2011

Copycat Valentine's

I saw this Valentine's heart frame by Blooming Homestead and my heart stopped. True love.  Modern, yet not, totally me.  I was determined to replicate this, with my own interpretation (or based on what materials I could find).  I'm telling you, if my area had a Hobby Lobby and my TJMaxx had that same frame, we might have some copyright/stealing/cheating issues between us...I loved it that much.
So I did my rounds of Marshalls and TJMaxx's and found this lovely grey similar frame for $7.99 and some glitter hearts at Michael's for $2.99 for the pack.

I took off the string and using a card stock cut to the size of the frame, I measured out how many hearts would actually fit in the frame and ended up with this. I then hot glued them to the card stock making sure to keep them as straight as possible.

 Is this crazy, I found little glitter Easter eggs...Oh Blooming Homestead what you've done to me.

What cute Valentine's ideas have you 'borrowed'?  Any plans for the weekend? I'm trying to convince my husband to help me make a bench for the foot of my bed. I'm not sure if my convincing is working.

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

15 comments:

Anonymous,  2/04/2011  

lol.. this cracks me up! but, also it reassures me that i'm not the only one that sits in front of my computer.. drooling over other peep's GREAT ideas! and then bookmarks the post, for plans to 'borrow' their ideas!! teehee :P
great replica by the way!

Lili 2/04/2011  

this is sooo cute! are you gonna do the eggs too? cant wait to see that!

Margaret 2/04/2011  

Very fun- I took a spin on the "book page wreaths" that we were seeing all around the holidays, and gave it a look that can be personalized to all seasons- I just posted it today, actually:
www.sugarandspackle.com

xoxo
Margaret

Delightful Deets 2/04/2011  

So cute! I love your blog! The look of it is so fresh and inviting!
I nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award, if you get a sec come check it out!
http://modernwivelyhood.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award.html
Have a great weekend!

Jan 2/04/2011  

Love the framed hearts! I'm following you from Homemaker on a Dime...your blog is a great find...thanks!

Kelli W 2/04/2011  

Such a great copy:) I love that you bought Easter eggs...I already have a few Easter ideas floating around in my head!

Courtana 2/04/2011  

Really cute, makes me wish that I'd gotten "into" VDay this year! But I did do some Mardi Gras decor, so maybe that redeems me!

Leslie 2/04/2011  

Beautiful frame! Simple, yet so pretty. Love it!

Unknown 2/05/2011  

Fabulous!!! So cute and so you! Lovely weekend! Xo

Ali Richardson 2/05/2011  

hi! Just popping over from TT&J. This is beautiful (great job). YOu mentioned my 3 favorite places on Earth in this post...Michael's, Marshall's, & TJ Max. Heaven on Earth to me :)

Unknown 2/05/2011  

I love how it turned out! Super cute!
-Marie

The Treasurista 2/05/2011  

So Cute! Would love for you to add to my Thursday Treasure Party @
www.the treasurista.blogspot.com

Thanks,

The Treasurista
Finding and Creating FUN things...

I {heart} Nap Time 2/05/2011  

Oh super cute!! I'd love for you to link it up at I Heart Nap Time

megan {homemade ginger} 2/07/2011  

I love this. I don't have a single decoration up for Valentine's day. Maybe I will make something like this!!

By the way, I am hosting a giveaway right now that you might be interested in!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...