Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sitting in my Living Room

I came home with these items yesterday evening.  They were given to me by a dear friend from her father-in-laws estate.  They were ready to be sent off to Goodwill.  I convinced/begged her to let me have them.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with any of it, but I love it all.  My favorite is the table on the left. I will be finding a spot for this one in my home.  The other two tables are a set, one is damaged, but my grandmother used to have one of these in her living room so they are very sentimental for me.  I will post individual pictures for my Week-end Finds post on Monday, but I couldn't help myself and had to give you all a sneak peek.
I hope to be able to make a new life or find a new life for Mr. W's pieces. They were a part of his home for half a century and it means so much to me that my friend allowed me to make something of them.  What do you think?

15 comments:

jeanette from everton terrace 2/23/2011  

I think - great score! I have a suitcase just like that, have the set actually. It was my mother in laws and she used it on her honeymoon :)
LOVE the lamps, love them!

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY 2/23/2011  

Good morning! I wanted to stop by and introduce myself as a memeber of the Circle of Bliss. Excited to follow ya here!

Anonymous,  2/23/2011  

oh how very nice! love the lamps! {and your table on the left}

Anonymous,  2/23/2011  

What luck! I love those lamps :)

Tara Lauren 2/23/2011  

Those lamps are going to be DIVINE!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} 2/23/2011  

Those are great...love the lines of them. I'm sure you'll do something great!

Carol@TheDesignPages 2/23/2011  

Awesome finds!! I love anything from this period. I can't wait to see what you do with all these goodies!

Unknown 2/23/2011  

I'm surte you'll turn them into awesome creations! XoXo (there's a little surprise for u in my recent post...:) ) Xo

Ali Richardson 2/23/2011  

Awesome!! I love everything and can't wait to see what you do with them.

Camilla 2/23/2011  

I want friends like your friends...I would love if someone gave me free cool stuff!!

KLM 2/23/2011  

I see so much potential! And those lamps... oh yes. They oooz potential. Can't wait to see what you do! :)

Unknown 2/23/2011  

can't wait to see what you do with them.

New follower from circle of bliss.
-Laurie
http://www.littlebluechairs.com/

Kellie Collis 2/24/2011  

These are beautiful! What lovely finds! Have a gorgeous day, Kellie xx

Courtana 2/24/2011  

Love those tables, saw a pair at Goodwill once and kicked myself for not getting them...good luck!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...