Monday, January 3, 2011

It's a New Year

I'm not one to make too many resolutions at the start of a New Year.  I always try the same, I will not eat my double cookie dough chocolate blizzard from Dairy Queen anymore.  It lasts a week, I know, I am weak.   So as I sit here thinking of what I am going to do for the New Year, I realize what I want to do is this, and by this, I mean blog.  I started blogging just a few months ago as an escape from real life. I thought it would be a great distraction for me, and that has rung true. I look forward to this like nothing else I have ever done.  My creative juices are flowing for the first time and I am loving it.  You have to understand, I grew up in a very artistic home.  My mom is an artist turned art teacher, my dad is an architect turned artist.  It is in my genes.  I sometimes wonder that maybe it being so much of my genetic makeup, that I rejected it for so long. I have always had the ability to create things, when given an idea.  I always got A's in art class, but wait, my mother was my teacher. 

So what I was getting to is that I would love to continue my journey through blogging.  I have already contacted House 09 about a blog makeover.  I am so excited about this. I can't wait.  Her blog designs are just gorgeous and her blog, well there are no words.  You must check it out.  I found her through a giveaway that Hi Sugarplum was having and unfortunately, I didn't win.  I'll let you know the progress on that.

I would love bigger, better projects.   I want to fix up my tiny master bedroom a bit, maybe add in some color, change the lamps.  Oh and I would love to make an upholstered headboard.  I hope my husband is reading this.  Maybe for Valentine's? 


I would love to fix up my patio area.  I am so embarrassed to show this picture, but hey I might as well post it. It will be proof to the world that I must do something about it.  It is horrific, I know, please don't judge.  I would love to do some kind of overhead cover, new flooring, a huge rustic table with modern chairs, a little sitting area. Oh, how nice would that be.  Maybe for my Birthday?


I would love to start an Etsy shop.  I have some beautiful hair things I've been working on. I gave these as Christmas gifts to a set of sisters.


And the beautiful monogram pendants that I help my brother-in-law with the design and he engraves them. (Excuse the poor pictures)


So all in all, I think it will be a busy year.  I am excited about it.  I will continue to do my Week-end finds on Monday.  My love of thrifting is still fervent.  I just wish my house wasn't so furnished already.  I keep getting strange looks from my husband when I bring something home.  What are your resolutions for the New Year? What are your experiences with Etsy?

4 comments:

Design Elements 1/03/2011  

Happy new year! May all your wishes come true...

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} 1/03/2011  

Can't wait to see you tackle all these projects! And I just offered a discount through House 09, but we are about to do a giveaway for a banner! you'll love Thais...so excited to see what she comes up with for you!

Anna@Directions Not Included 1/03/2011  

Happy new year! Can't wait to see what you come up with! Thanks for giving me the motivation to start my own blog :)

Amy @ Journey Mum 1/06/2011  

I love Etsy. I purchased most of my Christmas gifts from Etsy. I love knowing I'm buying from a person and not a corporation, plus the gift is likely to be so much more unique!
Blogging really is a wonderful creative outlet, best of luck as you continue your blogging journey.
I know you stopped by my blog and know my resolution to lose weight - fun! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...