Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Headboard Inspiration

I bought fabric! It was a totally impulsive move. I love it! 

OK, I got that off my chest.  On Sunday afternoon, while lounging in bed watching a movie with my husband, I mentioned my idea of upholstering our headboard.  He did not say no, so I took that as a yes.  I decided to start doing some research and headed over to Joann's Fabric.  All their upholstery fabric was 50% off and I had an extra 15% off coupon.  I was not really sure what I wanted to do, until I saw the leather like fabrics. It's a white, Whisper White, to be exact, that is very smooth with good texture.  So, I bought it for under $20.00. 

This is my inspiration.

The style of this frame from West Elm is exactly what I want to do. I love the placement of the nail head and the height is just perfect. 

This one from Centsational Girl is my inspiration for color. I LOVE this room.  I love the white fabric and the pewter color nail heads.  Her tutorial on the nail head placement is great.  Although, she used a more natural fabric than my 'leather like', I love the white.  

This one from Danielle Oakley Interiors is super fun. It's for her daughter's room.  What a lucky girl.  She has a super simple tutorial on how to make the frame.  I emailed this one to my husband to show him how easy it's going to be.

I am so excited. I just have to get my husband excited too! Ummm, that's going to be fun.

5 comments:

Anna@Directions Not Included 1/11/2011  

Great deal on the fabric! Please post pictures of the process. We are likely going to tackle the same project soon.

Kasey @ Little Brick House 1/11/2011  

I have been a little obsessed with the idea lately to make a headboard for my Hubby and I's outdated [current] headboard. But of course it has been added to the loooong list of things to do.

Love the inspiration photos! :)

Kate Riley 1/11/2011  

Wow, thanks so much! You will love love love your end look, it's such an easy 'Look for Less' project! Thanks so much for the shout out, let me know if you run into any questions along the way!

Kellie Collis 1/12/2011  

Gorgeous inspirational pictures! I can't wait to see how it turns out! Have a beautiful day, Kellie xx

Danielle Oakey Interiors 1/12/2011  

I think doing emory's headboard was one of my favorite diy projects, it is so simple and makes such an impact. I can't wait to see yours.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...