Monday, May 9, 2011

Week-end Finds - Sister Files

A few weeks ago, I posted about my sister's thrift store finds.  I hadn't had the chance to photograph the rest of our finds.  I would have to say this is my all time favorite find!  We got a pair of these chairs for $4.00 each.  They are super crusty looking, but are just amazing.  The foam needs to be replaced and the current velvet is in bad shape.
We are thinking this blue velvet and maybe painting the legs white.  We got an estimate for the upholstery and refoaming for $45.  Which I think is an amazing price.
We found this chair at another thrift store.  I negotiated the chair down to $20.  We found a peachy/pink striped fabric and the upholstery estimate was $10.  I was going to attempt to upholster it myself, but for that price, it was a no brainer.
We actually came home with another dining table that day, but it felt a little too country to me.  The day after it was home, my sister felt the same way.  We had seen this one and were between the two. My sister went back the next day and was able to get this one with two chairs for $30.  We, well I, am going to paint the base white and leave the top wood.  I love this table much more than the other.
I'm so excited to get these projects under way. I placed an order for Annie Sloan paint.  I can't wait. 

12 comments:

Allison@FabRehab 5/09/2011  

Holy cats, you found some great things!!! Can't wait to see them finished!!

Life, Crafts and Whatever 5/09/2011  

Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY 5/09/2011  

Some more amazing finds!! $4??? Killer :0) Im pretty darn excited to seem them done

Anonymous,  5/09/2011  

GIRL... that 2nd chair is the EXACT match to the goodwill chair i found a couple of months ago!!! well, different fabric.. lol great find! :)

Lindsay 5/09/2011  

I am so glad you stopped by my blog, because now I get to follow your blog! You have such great ideas on here! Can't wait to see what you do next!

Ali Richardson 5/09/2011  

AWESOME finds!! I love them all :)

Carrie @ Hazardous Design 5/09/2011  

I'm jealous. Of your finds, of the prices you found them for, and the cost to get them refinished/reupholstered. Lucky duck!
Can't wait to see them finished.

Amy 5/09/2011  

Nice finds! My mom has a chair like that second one that you posted. I am thinking about stealing it from her. I look forward to seeing what you do with it!

Unknown 5/09/2011  

WOU WOU WOU! Seriously J, your findings (and its prices).... When are you starting an e-shop? Girl you have talent for that!!! XoXo

LiveLikeYou 5/09/2011  

Don't you love a steal? $ 4 who needs new stores? Can't wait to see end result.

Unknown 5/10/2011  

Those chairs are just fab! Call me crazy, but they remind me of something you would find down the rabbit hole in Alice in Wonderland...I could see them in some really funky colors. I'm obsessed with all things a bit funky and whimsical lately...the closer I get to turning 40 the more childlike I'm becoming! Mid life crisis
Kim @ tiarasandbowties.blogspot.com

Miss Charming 6/06/2011  

$10 to reupholster? Crazy price! And I love the round table--great find and great price!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...