Sunday, May 15, 2011

South Beach Clubs and Wallpaper

Although we live about 20 minutes from South Beach, we don't head out as often as we should.  It's funny, while I'm out at a club, guess what I'm looking at.  Yea, I'm having a good time, drinking champagne, dancing, and looking at wallpaper and chandeliers.  Kind of weird, I know.  Let me explain, this week was my baby sister's 29th birthday.  She's celebrated every night since Wednesday.  She's still in her 20's, she can handle it.  I, on the other hand, thanks to getting in at 5:30 a.m. last night, will be recovering for 3 more days.  Hence, we don't do this often.  We headed out to the Louis Bar at the Gansevoort at about midnight last night.  Here are some pictures I found on the sight of Francois Frossard, the designer of the club. 
"Louis Bar-Lounge at the Gansevoort Hotel, Miami Beach – inspired by a royal Parisian palace, Louis features an antique French décor modernized with brilliant colors and updated accents. Portraits of French kings adorn the different patterned- walls of fleur de lis, regal stripes and leopard prints. Vintage crystal lighting fixtures are paired with modern lighting fixtures and Louis XV chairs, French throne-style period furniture, inlaid armoires and gilded consoles were designed by Francois Frossard."


I would love to see how these designers come up with these ideas.  We had a blast and the music was great. As for me, I'm gonna go lay on the couch.  Happy Sunday.

5 comments:

Ali Richardson 5/15/2011  

Sounds like a blast! Happy b-day to yur sis!! Now go to sleep, ha ha!

Unknown 5/15/2011  

They are great images, I am the same when i am out still looking at the interiors around me, its almost obsessive. Cant believe you rolled in at so late id be home well before 2am & I also take several days to recover

Lisa @ Turning Tables 5/15/2011  

Too fun!!!! And yes, a little rest will do you some good! :)

PJ @ Planned in Pencil 5/15/2011  

I'd be laying on the couch too... and I'm still in my 20's!!! LOL. Glad you had fun!!

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) 5/15/2011  

Sounds like so much fun! If I went to those clubs, I would definitely be the girl checking out the interiors too! :) have a great nap! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...