Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Upholstered Headboard is Underway - Stay Tuned

We headed out to Home Depot to buy the plywood for our new headboard on Thursday night.  We looked around for a bit and found that the material was going to run us about $20-$30 for a plywood. As I went off to find some help, my husband went over to the pile of scraps and found the perfect piece of plywood for $4.00. It was marked with orange spray paint. 


Home Depot will do the first 2 cuts for free.  We had them cut the plywood in half so that the piece would be 24 inches for the height we were looking for and cut off the end for the width of our bed.

Here are the two pieces of plywood and my new staple gun!

I found the batting for about $6 at Joann Fabrics. It was $14.99 with 50% off and then an extra 15% off. 

We worked on it over the weekend and finished it up on Monday.  I am also working on some accessory pieces to help bring in some color to the room.  I'm working on a step by step post, so stay tuned.

5 comments:

KLM 1/18/2011  

How exciting! Can't wait for the step by step post!

I am also looking forward to the day when we make our headboard for our bed. Of course the bathroom has to get finished first... but the headboard is surely on the 'to do' list! :)

jeanette from everton terrace 1/18/2011  

My favorite kind of project - where everything is discounted! Looking forward to seeing the finished piece and love those lamps you found as well, very nice.

Jen 1/18/2011  

So excited!! Hurry and post!! ;-)

Happy Tuesday Darling! xo

Oh, and be sure to stop by my blog for my swimsuit GIVEAWAY!!

Kristen @ This Charming House 1/19/2011  

Lucky Lucky! My plywood cost me $50! Good find :)

Jeni Quillen 2/24/2011  

Really inspired by your headboard/table bench projects! I'm looking to re-do our master bedroom - I want to get rid of the ultra matchy "bedroom set" look as well!
I'm a follower - thanks so much!
Would love if you would check out my beginner blog too!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...