Thursday, March 24, 2011

Another Bench Makeover

My friend asked me to help salvage this bench for her.  It belonged to her father-in-law and she really wanted something of his in her home. Something that her children could use and know that it belonged to their grandfather. Although, it's a piano bench makeover, it really won't be used as one.  I was so excited to be able to help her and knew exactly where I wanted to go with it.  She has 2 girls and a boy all under 4.  I figured I stay neutral with the colors, although it will most likely be for the girls vanity in the bathroom.  Here it is when she dropped it off for me.  It had a horrible wine color vinyl on top and the bench had definitely seen better days.  It was pretty banged up.  I stripped it, repaired the holes, sanded it, and applied three coats of stain, and 2 of polyurethane.  
I found the fabric at Joann's Fabric and with the 40% coupon I paid about $5.00 for it.  I can't wait for her to see the bench (I hope she's reading this post).  I hope the kids will love it and use it for a long time to come.  Let's see how the fabric holds up.

The DIY Show Off



 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

Please check out all the places I party on the left side bar.

30 comments:

Homeroad 3/24/2011  

Great! I love the fabric you used! You can never have enough benches!Have a wonderful day!
Susan

Anonymous,  3/24/2011  

another great job! and, how in the world do you find such great fabrics at Joannes? they NEVER have the great ones at my stores.. just the old traditional, florals around here!! :P

Anna@Directions Not Included 3/24/2011  

Great score on that fabric!

Nyssa Christie 3/24/2011  

Love the dark rich color of the wood!

Karen 3/24/2011  

Wow that is a major improvement, it looks amazing.

Ali Richardson 3/24/2011  

SO pretty! I really love it, it looks so new and fresh, but still has all that history. Great job!

Bri@Meyouandawiener 3/24/2011  

Hell yeah I f**king love coupons. I usually only buy stuff from Joanns when I have a coupon. Great job on the bench I did a similar job on one I found at an estate sale.

ARK 3/24/2011  

LOVE that fabric....never seem to find anything like that @ JoAnn...I need to get better eyes!

great makeover!

Carol@TheDesignPages 3/24/2011  

Awesome transformation and even better when the price is revealed.

grammy and papi 3/25/2011  

Great bench makeover.

Have a God Filled Day
Shirley

Homeroad 3/25/2011  

Again... I love this bench! Thanks for linking up!
Susan

abeachcottage 3/25/2011  

Lovely bench! The color works really well. Love the pattern of the fabric.

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm 3/25/2011  

Great bench...great fabric :) Laurel@chippingwithcharm

At The Picket Fence 3/25/2011  

Fabulous job! The fabric is just perfect and you gave it a whole new life. Thanks so much for linking this up to Inspiration Friday this week!
Vanessa

Amy 3/25/2011  

Looks awesome!

sweet and lovely crafts 3/25/2011  

Wow, that looks wonderful! It makes me want one!

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals 3/26/2011  

Looks bodacious as always! Thanks for linking up!!

Love your guts
mandi

Sue 3/26/2011  

I have a bench that needs a makeover too. Good job!

c.w.frosting 3/26/2011  

Lovely & chic! Your friend is so lucky! New follower via tatertots & jello.

-caroline
http://cwfrosting.blogspot.com

Unknown 3/27/2011  

Love the fabric! This turned out awesome!

Saby 3/28/2011  

I love the fabric and how you brought this bench back to life! Great transformation!

Trisha @ The Sweet Survival 3/28/2011  

What a great transformation! Love the fabric choice.

emilysnan 3/28/2011  

hiya , what a great transformation your friend will love it and i will be surprised if the kids get to use it just for them alone it is so gorgeous tfs
xmaggiex

gail@My Repurposed Life 3/28/2011  

I love a great bench makeover! pretty fabric!
gail

CrystalC2B 3/29/2011  

Such an awesome transformation! I've been searching for ideas for a trunk we have from my husband's grandfather. This is such awesome inspiration!

Cassie Bustamante 3/29/2011  

i love the lines of this bench- they give it a nice modern feel, and the fabric suits it perfectly!

Dominique @ Craft Couture 4/01/2011  

Thanks for linking up! This is soo pretty, great job!

Ashley@ DesignBuildLove.co 6/06/2011  

LOVE this bench too! You do awesome work!!!

Hollie @ I'm Busy Procrastinating 6/27/2011  

Just used this same fabric on a chair cushion, but my fabric is the brown and light blue version. Cute bench makeover!

Unknown 9/29/2013  




great post i really appreciate this post it seems that there's a lot of interesting on this site
i will bookmark your page for more new updates on your site. keep it up .










Rattan Dining Furniture_Rattan Tables

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...