Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thrift Store Lamp

I found this lovely brass lamp at Goodwill on Tuesday.

I used Rustoleum Lacquer spray paint in white and gave it a couple of coats.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the lamp shade as it was going on my white side table.   After seeing this post by Lynda at  nyclq-focalpoint, I knew that's what I had to do.  I found this black lamp shade at Target for $24.99.  It's perfect.


Now for curtains, I am thinking white against the white wall.  Any suggestions?

I joined a linky party at Finding Fabulous


spray paint party

7 comments:

Kim@Chattafabulous 11/04/2010  

Fantastic! You know I always pass by those nondesript brass lamps at Goodwill but no more. You have opened my eyes!

jandjhome 11/04/2010  

Thanks Kim. Oh and the lamp only cost $8.00, you can't beat that.

Elisa @ What the Vita 11/07/2010  

So pretty! Looks like it's a really nice size, too.

Unknown 5/17/2011  

It looks great! I love the black and white!

meg@happylooksgoodonyou 5/17/2011  

I love the classic look of the black and white! Fantastic!

Doodlecraft 5/17/2011  

Great lamp--love it! For curtains? I'd go with something that'll pop! Yellow, teal, red maybe...

outdoor wall lights 11/26/2013  

Very interesting. Thank you for posting.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...