Tuesday, November 16, 2010

DIY Wrought Iron Stool

This stool used to belong to my sister.  It was painted black and had a leopard print cushion on it.  It ended up in my yard for some time and then it found residence in our shed.  My husband pulled it out the other day saying he didn't want any more garbage in his shed.  I thought it would be perfect for my new office layout. 

It was pretty rusty and the wrought iron was all bent up and fused together.  I had my father-in-law straighten it out for me.  My nephew always says "Abu can fix it" when any of his toys break, and he sure can.  I sanded it and used Rustoleum spray paint in white lacquer.


I bought a foam pad pad and cut it to the shape of the round plywood I had found for $6.99 at a local lumber supply store.


Then I covered the foam/wood with a beige linen from Joann Fabrics.  I had never upholstered anything and I struggled a bit with the round cushion.
I have it next to my computer as an extra seat for those occasions when my husband has me watch surf videos with him.

I joined a linky party at Finding Fabulous

spray paint party

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...