Friday, November 12, 2010

DIY Fall Wreath

I have not taken any of my fall decorations out of the closet.  I saw this post by Joi at Nuestra Vida Dulce, who made this yarn and felt wreath tutorial, and knew just what I was going to do. Having the day off was perfect for some projects. 

I decided to go with burlap to change things up a bit. I bought a yard and cut long strips of the burlap.


I wrapped the burlap around the wreath and glued it down as I went.

I made the flowers and glued them to the wreath.

I tied a thick brown yarn to the top of the wreath.  The lighting here is terrible. This whole getting dark at 5:30 p.m. does not work for me.


Here it is hanging on my front door.

I absolutely love it.  My sister is also making one.  I'll be working on another wreath this weekend.  I'm loving this new hobby/blog of mine.

6 comments:

danielle @ take heart 11/12/2010  

i love the burlap!! beautiful!!

Danielle Oakey Interiors 11/12/2010  

it looks amazing, i am in desperate need of a wreath for my door, maybe i will have to steal :)

jenn from midlife modern 11/12/2010  

That looks fantastic! Seriously, I can see that hanging on the door at Anthropologie. Love the burlap mixed with the feminine flowers. Nice job!

Kim 11/14/2010  

Looks great! I love those flowers!!!

jandjhome 11/14/2010  

Thank you all so much. I'm really happy with how it came out. It's actually inspired me.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. 4/02/2011  

A perfect fall wreath!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...