First order of business, spray paint. I used Rustoleum Lacquer spray in white. Gave the frames a couple of coats.
Second, I used the cardboard that had come in the frame as the backing and cut out the cork material at an exact measurement. I used a roll of cork material from Office Depot. I found this material to be somewhat fragile, tearing easily. I used double sided tape to adhere it to the cardboard.
For the oval frame, no cardboard came with the frame. What can you expect for $3.00 at Goodwill. So I used a second piece of cardboard that had been part of the other frame and cut it to size. I then did the same process with the tape to attach the cork. I was short a couple of inches at the top of the board, but I just cut a scrap to fit. It will be covered with pictures and things anyways.
Then just attach to the frame. So here are the finished frames.
I love them and can't wait to hang them.
***Edit Post-These DIY corkboards have been added to a linky party at: Funky Junk Interiors