Tuesday, October 12, 2010

DIY Corkboards

Since I have now decided to redo my office, I wanted some new white frames and again thanks to Michelle at Three Men and a Lady, I had my inspiration.  (I think I might have to put a tab for Three Men and a Lady's inspiration, seriously...I think this is number 3). So during my trip to Goodwill Sunday, where I found my new $5.00 drum lamp shade (last post), I also found some frames to paint.   



First order of business, spray paint.  I used Rustoleum Lacquer spray in white.  Gave the frames a couple of coats.




Second, I used the cardboard that had come in the frame as the backing and cut out the cork material at an exact measurement.  I used a roll of cork material from Office Depot.  I found this material to be somewhat fragile, tearing easily.  I used double sided tape to adhere it to the cardboard.

For the oval frame, no cardboard came with the frame.  What can you expect for $3.00 at Goodwill. So I used a second piece of cardboard that had been part of the other frame and cut it to size.  I then did the same process with the tape to attach the cork.  I was short a couple of inches at the top of the board, but I just cut a scrap to fit. It will be covered with pictures and things anyways.


 Then just attach to the frame. So here are the finished frames. 


I love them and can't wait to hang them.

***Edit Post-These DIY corkboards have been added to a linky party at: Funky Junk Interiors

6 comments:

Jennifer Leigh 12/03/2010  

So cool. I love cork! :)

Dharma 12/03/2010  

stealing this idea...like, kinda right now ;)

Amanda Lee 12/03/2010  

These are great! That oval frame is beautiful!

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals 12/04/2010  

I love the cork idea. I am in total lust with that oval frame. Just thought you might want to know.

love your guts
mandi

Patricia @ 9th and Denver 2/18/2011  

Nice tutorial-
Like the oval frame!

Laurie at Turner Farm 2/19/2011  

Great find and wonderful transformation. Look forward to seeing them in your new office

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...