Thursday, September 8, 2011

Dream Driveway

Ever since we bought our house, we've been wanting to replace our torn up asphalt driveway.  Since that's not going to happen anytime soon, I might as well dream.  We'd like to do something like this.  Concrete pavers with grass in between.  You can see it here in a traditional type setting. 


Here, at the bottom right, you can see kind of what we would love to have.  It feels more modern in this picture.  We have a pretty large front yard and have always loved the idea of making the driveway side feel like a courtyard.  We wouldn't really do a circular driveway, because we love the expanse of grass we have in our front yard. 
Since this is not happening anytime soon, I went to Home Depot yesterday and bought a tank of Asphalt repair paint (or whatever it is).  If I can convince my husband to help me, yay, if not I'm calling the handyman. 

5 comments:

Connie @ Salvage Savvy 9/08/2011  

What a gorgeous driveway [hey, those aren't two words often used together!] :)

jeanette from everton terrace 9/08/2011  

I also love love pavers like this. We live in the desert and decided to be more environmentally friendly and not do grass lawns, just a couple patches in the back for our dogs (who are gone now) so I have the pavers with rock in between. Not quite the same dramatic look but still I love them :)

Chiot's Run 9/12/2011  

Love this idea - we have gravel and I want to keep it for $ and environmental reasons. I'm thinking of trying to grow a strip of lawn in the middle and maybe transition to a patio that's like this with pavers & strips of grass. Certainly gets the ideas flowing!

James Thurlow,  4/21/2013  

What a fantastic idea for a driveway

James Thurlow,  4/21/2013  

What a fantastic idea for a driveway

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...