Friday, December 3, 2010

DIY Book Page Christmas Tree Tutorial

I found this cone Styrofoam at the Dollar Tree.  I came home trying to think of something I could make with it. I've been loving the look of book pages ever since I made my wreath, I thought I could make use of an old book I had in a pile for Goodwill.
First step, trace a CD on the book page.
 Cut out the circles.

 Now, fold them loosely in half.
 And in half again.  Make sure you do it loosely.
And again, I found that it looked nicer when the pages were gathered as opposed to folded.
 I folded the bottom a bit and just glued it to the cone.
For the top, I used two blank pages found in the book and used the same technique for folding.  I cut off the bottom of the gathered paper before gluing the page directly to the top of the cone. 
A Christmas tree made from book pages.  Thanks for reading!


Linky Parties:





6 comments:

Amanda Lee 12/03/2010  

This Christmas tree is so cute! Thanks for showing how you made it!

Kellie Collis 12/04/2010  

That is so adorable! That is what I love about hot glue - it makes crafting so much easier! Enjoy the lovely weekend, Kellie xx

Janet 12/04/2010  

This is a fun idea! Great job. :)

Jenn 12/04/2010  

love it! another take on how to use those awesome book pages.. have a great weekend!

Nichelle @ Vintage Wanna Bee 12/04/2010  

What a great post! Thanks for linking up at tatertotsandjello!

I'd love for you to check out my blog! and maybe give some bloggin' love!

http://vintagewannabee.blogspot.com/

Mucho love,
Nichelle

P.S. I'm your newest follower!
I'D LOVE FOR YOU TO COME OVER TO MY LINKY PARTY TALENT TUESDAYS!!! HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...