Thursday, December 9, 2010

DIY Christmas Cards

 So it seems this whole blog/hobby of mine has resulted in me deciding to make my own Christmas cards.  I think we sent out Christmas cards our first year married, since then, nothing.  I love getting picture cards, but won't do it with just me and my husband (he refuses), and regular cards bought at Target don't excite me. So I decided to get crafty. 

FYI, I am not a scrapbooker, probably never will me, I don't have the patience. I am a very simple, plain, modern type.  When I make a Shutterfly album, my background is black, the cover is black, and the minimal words (maybe 5 in an entire album) are white.  So, the cards had to be same.
I used metallic card stock that I found at OfficeMax. My sister-in-law helped me cut the triangles with her Cricut, while I used a stamp to make the stars.  I printed the wording inside and then took the stack to OfficeMax so they could slice the stack in half. I then folded 80, yes 80 cards.

I kept it simple inside.  I used the Matilde free font thanks to Young House Love. I love the simplicity of it.



Here is the final card.  Only problem...I have to glue 78 more triangles and 78 more stars.  What was I thinking.

I joined a linky party at Centsational Girl

cg holiday button

1 comments:

Amy @ Journey Mum 12/12/2010  

Sounds like it's time to sit down in front of a Christmas movie while you work on all of those cards! :) I love the simplicity of them.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...