Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bathroom Mini Makeover

A few months back, I showed you our bathroom. It's a simple, small space that we redid completely.  Here's what it's looked like for the last few years. I've loved my West Elm Shower curtain and its serene blue color.
This basket sits on the back of my toilet with some easily accessible body splashes and cream.
There was absolutely nothing wrong with it, but I've had the itch to redo it for some time.  I walked into West Elm last week and fell in love with this yellow and white striped shower curtain and this grey and white bath mat.  I went back that night and bought them. 
This basket was also from West Elm.  It's a greyish silver color and is perfect for some extra towels and rolls of toilet paper. 
I went back the next day and bought some hand towels, this one and this one to be exact.  The small yellow floral one is from Anthropologie.
I wanted to add some grey to the brown basket.  I very lightly sprayed it with silver metallic spray paint and then a grey spray paint.  I wanted some of the brown to show through. 
I bought these shower curtain rings at Target. 
I'm loving my new mini makeover.  It's amazing what a little color can do to a space.
The DIY Show Off

27 comments:

PJ @ Planned in Pencil 7/07/2011  

Your bathroom now matches your masthead! LOL

Awesome!

Two Thirty FIve Designs 7/07/2011  

LOVING this!!! I love yellow with gray, not that I didn't love the before, cause I did ;), BUT you did a superb job on this!

Anonymous,  7/07/2011  

fun! love me some yellow stripes! ;)

Kristin Miracle Lewis @ west on cole 7/07/2011  

I love love love that bath matt!!! Your bathroom looks Amazing!! The yellow accents are the perfect pop!

Aimee @ Wonderfully Domestic 7/07/2011  

Love it! I just finished a yellow and gray redo of my spare bathroom too!

Cassie Bustamante 7/07/2011  

i love that fun shower curtain! the bathroom is nicely summerized- i like it! the nice thing about bathrooms is that shower curtains are easy to change and make a huge difference. and darn west elm for always tempting me....

Ali Richardson 7/07/2011  

It looks awesome!!!

Melz 7/07/2011  

I LOVE IT!! Everything from West Elm is my kinda thing! Very nice :)

Dwellings by DeVore 7/07/2011  

Beautiful bathroom! Love the gray and yellow combo!

Jon'el 7/07/2011  

I love the gray and yellow color scheme...I am doing the same with blue added into the mix for my bedroom =)

Mallory 7/07/2011  

Looks great! The yellow adds a great pop of color! Very cheery :)

Megan@reFind 7/07/2011  

Amazing what a difference small changes can make - looks GREAT!

rachel @ Just a Touch of Gray 7/08/2011  

Wow! I love it!!!! Looks so great! Love your blog too! I'm your newest follower!

ps- I posted my living room makeover today! I hope you'll come by and check it out! It was a pretty drab before...!

www.justatouchofgray.blogspot.com

Cindy @ Cinsarah 7/08/2011  

I love the transformation! what a difference a shower curtain makes!
I featured you on my blog:
http://cinsarah.blogspot.com/2011/07/favorites-friday-70811.html

Have an Awesome weekend!! :)

Ashley@ DesignBuildLove.co 7/08/2011  

OH!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the grey and yellow combo! Definitely one of my faves and is even in my guest bedroom!!!

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate 7/09/2011  

I'm really loving the grey and yellow combo. Great choices! Thanks for linking up to this week's BFF Open House!

Eve 7/09/2011  

I love it. I Love grey and Yellow! It's amazing what a few quick changes can make.

Annie 7/09/2011  

Very pretty. Those baskets are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. (Over from the A2D party, btw.) :)

Anonymous,  7/10/2011  

soo sunny and fresh!

Delightful Deets 7/11/2011  

Loving this! Hope you've had a great weekend!

jess@balancing the dream 7/11/2011  

great transformation! I love all of the color!

Meredith 7/11/2011  

Great job on your bathroom update! I'm a huge fan of gray, yellow, and STRIPES! :) Well done.
Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime 7/12/2011  

The Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop became the coolest party on the block because of your participation. Thank you!

Maury @ Life on Mars 9/16/2011  

LOVE that shower curtain. Seriously LOVE it... like I just went to westelm.com to see if they still have it. They do!!! I might copy you....

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime 9/18/2011  

Absolutely lovely! Really appreciate you linking up this great bath post at the Roomspiration blog party.

Bryan John 5/17/2013  

Excellent looks great. the paint colors and details gives a very homey and happy mood

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...