Monday, August 29, 2011

Our House is Being Painted

The painters showed up Saturday morning.  I impulsively hired them wanting to change the exterior of my house.  The number one comment we get when someone visits our house for the first time, is that they weren't expecting our house to look like it does based on how it looks on the outside.  It was pained a very bland, beigey yellow, that had faded over the years.  The furniture on our porch was very traditional looking and the brown, ceramic octagonal tiles are not doing anything for our curb appeal.  We redid the whole interior of our house and didn't touch the front of our house...AT ALL.  That's about to change and I am so excited.  I obviously have pictures, but haven't uploaded them.  So for now, I will leave you with my color choices.  All the paints are from Sherwin Williams.  The walls will be Pure White.

 The columns will be Gauntlet Gray.
 The door will be Decisive Yellow.
I would love to actually change my door to look something like this, but for now, I will take the color.
Pinterest
I have a bunch of ideas to improve our curb appeal. Including new pots, furniture, door mat, and maybe one day...new tiles.  It's just a matter of convincing the hubby that this is a great idea.  I'll post pictures soon, hopefully the weather holds up.

12 comments:

Cassie Bustamante 8/29/2011  

WOW- i love that combo! can't wait to see it!

Linda@Coastal Charm 8/29/2011  

These colors are going to look sooooo PRETTY!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Melz 8/29/2011  

Sooo nice! Can't wait to see pics!

Elisa 8/29/2011  

Good color choice... it'll look smokin'.

Bad pun? I think so too.

jeanette from everton terrace 8/29/2011  

Love the color choices! I painted the support post on my back patio that yellow. I love the unexpected pop :)

Ali Richardson 8/29/2011  

Hooray!!! that is so awesome! I can't wait to see pictures ;)

Stitchfork 8/31/2011  

Love the sunshine yellow color you chose!
xo Cathy

Hollie @ I'm Busy Procrastinating 9/01/2011  

Liking that color combo, and it matches your blog! Looking forward to the "after" photos.

Jae 9/06/2011  

How fun. We painted our door yellow last month - love it!

Kristin Miracle Lewis @ west on cole 9/17/2011  

Ohh! I love this color combination.

I am a huge grey fan and I love pop colors with it. Can't wait to see it!

Unknown 3/01/2013  

Successful painting depends on thorough preparation and the best quality paint as this ensures value for money.

exterior painting los gatos

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...