1. egg nog or hot chocolate? Umm, both. I love hot chocolate and spiked egg nog. I also love Creme de Vie, which I think is a Puerto Rican version of egg nog...it's out of control. Every Christmas, my aunt makes us a bottle.
2. does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Usually wrapped, but at my parents house, a few select items were left unwrapped. I plan to do the same with my kids.
3. colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights for me.
4. do you hang mistletoe? no, but maybe I should. Who can't use more kisses.
5. when do you put your decorations up? The Friday after Thanksgiving. This year we were late due to life's craziness.
6. what is your favorite holiday dish? Wow, I would definitely say the Cuban Lechon we make every year in the caja china (cuban pork made in a box of coal)!
7. favorite holiday memory as a child? Waking up with my older sister and sneaking out before everyone was awake and looking to see how many presents we got and what those few left unwrapped were. It would be like 5-6 in the morning and we were always sent back to bed.
8. when and how did you learn the truth about santa? I remember a kid in my class told me in 3rd or 4th grade, so I aksed my older sister and she told me "of course there's a Santa, you think Mom and Dad can buy all those presents"...I beleived her, after all she was my older sister and knew everything.
9. do you open a gift on christmas eve? No, always Chrismtas mornining. My idea with our kids is to open Chrismtas PJ's on Christmas eve.
10. how do you decorate your christmas tree? White ball lights (new this year), the theme is silver, red, and crystals. I also buy an ornament everytime we travel, and I have a bunch of hearts. It's a mixed, full tree and I love it. I love when I'm given an ornament and I'm reminded of the person who gave it to me every year.
11. snow! love it or dread it? Like it if I'm wearing a ski jackets, boots, and skis.
12. can you ice skate? No! I sprained my ankle Senior year at my friend Kathy's Birthday outing and vowed to never do it again.
13. do you remember your favorite gift? I have such vivid memories of gifts throughout the years that I loved. This year is probably going to be the best one yet.
14. what's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Family and food! LOTS of food!
15. what is your favorite holiday dessert? Now that I'm gluten free...that's kind of tough. Chocolate
16. what is your favorite holiday tradition? Waking up in our PJ's and sitting around the tree opening presents. Spending the day going around to my parents, my in-laws, and my grandmothers house.
17. what tops your tree? A crystal star from Pottery Barn
18. which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Ummm, receiving and of course giving, especially to my nieces and nephews
19. candy canes: yuck or yum? Yum.
20. favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story
21. saddest christmas song? Nope. Can't think of any.
22. what is your favorite Christmas song? I love them all, but there's something about Feliz Navidad that cracks me up and reminds of being REALLY young and singing it in my moms car on the way to school..
I'm looking forward to having an amazing Christmas. Life is good.